Friday, August 22, 2014

Ta da!...

This sequence of photos shows gluing up cardstock to each of the bookcloth sections
Cardstock sliped in and glued between book and bookcloth edges

Once dry, fold over cardstock and glue to sandwich the bookcloth

Dry under weight and wax paper

Two of the three sections done
Covers wrapped and finished

Note to self: Next time make sure the sections are square enough to stand on it's own.  This one leans and falls.

View from the bottom, fit is pretty good

Book fits well in sections.  I used a circle punch to make semicircles for extracting book.
Other notes:  I used glimmer mist for decorating cardstock.  It matched the book cloth well, but rubbed off terribly.  I'll need to coat with medium or more paint like decorations to make it able to be handled without turning fingers pink.  You definitely want your books made first to fit the sections to each book.  I also did a google search on slipcases and looked through my books on more instructions.  I'll post a list of references in next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment