Sunday, August 31, 2014

Another bookish post

I've been working on books to go into another multi-section (5) slipcase for our TeaBAG challenge.  I wanted to do a pop-up carousel book for a while and wondered if you could tell a story using just 5 pages and 5 books.  First is a photo of the last slipcase with some stamps on it, then construction of a sample (3" X 3") book.

Steampunk stamps on pink

Tool given to me by one of the boys, it came in very handy this week!

Pieces cut and ready for gluing

It took three attempts, but I finally got a sample I liked

I just love the sculptural aspect

Pop-ups to come

Add a slipcover and you have a lovely little accordion book

I recently bought "Playing with Pop-ups: The Art of Dimensional, Moving Paper Designs" by Helen Hiebert and will use ideas from the book.

Also wanted to list a couple of books that had instructions on slipcases.

Hand Bookbinding: A Manual of Instruction by Aldren A. Watson, page 127
Book Art Studio Handbook by Stacie Dolin and Amy Lapidow, page 94 Chapter 5 Enclosures

No comments:

Post a Comment