Thursday, August 22, 2013

A series of books (probably part one)

One of my recent books on books purchases is Shereen LaPlantz' Innovative Bookbinding: Secret Compartments and Hidden Messages.  The book has been recently republished by her husband and although it isn't as polished as some books, it is a treasure and well worth adding to my bookbinding library.  I've taken up the personal challenge to make samples of many/most of the books and ideas in this book.  I strongly believe in making sample books first and have enjoyed the structure of working my way through the ideas and using materials I have on hand.  I am also trying to sometimes incorporate artwork without stressing if it is good enough.  I've used my nature prints and gelli prints for most of these samples.




Here is what I have so far

First book with a print folder 

I made it sized for ATC's 

Second book also with gelli plate decoration

This one has two print folders, each with a concertina book

This concertina has slots on the top to hold an ATC

This concertina has two tiny tunnel books 

Used magazine images and my die cuts

How cool and simple is that!
Well that is enough for now.  I have several more books and will share another day.

No comments:

Post a Comment