Saturday, December 15, 2012

Working on my "things to do" list





One item off my list of "things to do" is a bike rack.  My very talented #1 son made one for his bike and I've wanted one ever since.  This one is a different design and is made so that you can put it in the back of a pick-up bed and carry bikes.  The online instructions said it would cost $20 and take one hour to construct.  It cost me about $35 and took me about an hour and a half.  I did it myself!  As it stands in this photo, it is too big for the edges of the garage, however since I didn't glue it yet, I was able to shorten to a two slot version.  I still need to shorten the side bars a bit to move the bikes closer together and glue part of it so that it can convert back and forth between narrow 2 rack or full 3 rack if we are taking the bikes somewhere!  Too cool!  Measuring, cutting (with PVC pipe cutter) and putting together was fun and easy.  I pumped up the tires on both bikes so that I could start riding mine again, but the front tire popped so will add buy new tube and replace to my never ending "things to do" list.

No comments:

Post a Comment