Sunday, March 27, 2011

Finished Lesson One

Silk haboti square
Silk haboti square


Silk Rayon Velvet

At my usual turtle pace, I have finished lesson one of Glennis' online shibori class.  I will be doing more clamp resist and absolutely love these Colorhue dyes!  Look at the violet on the rayon silk velvet!  It is such lovely fabric and the each took the color a slightly different strike rate.  My poor photos don't begin to show how lovely this bit is. 




I've been stitching on lesson two and am almost finished.  This is a nice weight cotton.  I will either dye it with eucalyptus or indigo, haven't decide which yet.  I love sitching and have enjoyed having the house to myself watching a 6 episode Charles Dickens period DVD.   The class instructions are very good with lots of photos and videos.  I have several Shibori books and have played off and on, but it is nice to have incentive to keep plugging away.

No comments:

Post a Comment