Sunday, January 23, 2011

A few books

Topo Map cover SBB Book

Inside cover with stamp
Secret Belgian Binding Book (4" X 4")
Today's post shows a couple of small, ~ 4" square, Secret Belgian Binding books.   The top book uses Topographic maps over boards as cover. The bottom book uses a Christmas napkin glued over board.  I thinned PVA and brushed over to seal the napkin and make it able to be handled, then dry brushed Lumier metallic paint  over.  Secret Belgian Binding is one of my favorite book structures!  The papers used in these books is stationary paper found on clearance at the local office supply store.  

I made these for an arts festival I participated in yesterday.  The festival was organized to highlight restoration of Roberts Hall in Lynn Haven Florida.   The committee has done a remarkable job restoring the lovely old building.  Yesterday was what I refer to as a grand and glorious day.  I was set up next to friendly and talented John and Lois and broom maker Pat who went out of their way to help me get set up and chatted with me throughout the day.  Lois shared her hand crafted cookies with me and they were divine!  Starting at 9 am they had music continuously throughout the day.  It was like sitting in on a free all day Bluegrass, folk, choral, rock concert! I took a few photos and if they aren't too blurry and I have time, I'll post them later in the week.

No comments:

Post a Comment